Greens Candidate for Hornsby Council – A Ward
David currently works as a project manager in the field of medical information networks and is the Membership Officer of the Hornsby Ku-ring-gai Greens. David also has a long history of volunteer work for the community and these are some of the highlights:
- Ran as Greens Candidate for NSW Electorate of Davidson in 2015,
- Assistance to the Papua New Guinea Greens (Established website, helped with membership system, and assisted with a review of PNG Greens Party constitution.),
- Convenor of the Hornsby Ku-ring-gai Greens 2011-2016,
- Editor and Webmaster for the energy-without-carbon website,
- Member of the Greens since 2007, Volunteer for the Greens since 2004,
- Campaign Manager for Dr Jonathan King – July and August 2010,
- Acting President of Pittwater Community Gardens during its formation,
- Initiated the P4 Group “People Protecting Public Parks”,
- Assisted with the production of Elimatta – the Aboriginal Support Group quarterly newsletter for 20 years,
- P&C President – Bilgola Plateau Public School – 2 years,
- Member of the Newport Resident Association – designed, built and deployed the Newport Resident Association website,
- Designed, built and deployed the Northern Beaches Greens Website,
- Business representative for Darlinghurst youth drop-in centre,
- Volunteer maths tutoring (Hobart).
David’s work career has covered a wide range of scientific, engineering and project work in the fields of medical information networks, acoustics, air quality and a range of environmental monitoring projects. Some of the project work includes, glass recycling, animal behaviour tracking systems, network and systems design and implementation, writing (programming) complete software management systems, mining and resource information systems, and the installation and maintenance of a wide range of medical systems (CT, digital angiography, x-ray, audiology, cardiac and other systems).
David studies include Applied Biology, Biomedical Science, Electrical Engineering and range of courses in Medical Electronics, Computer Science and Design. David also studied with Siemens in Germany and with Philips in Holland and Singapore.
David has worked in small to medium businesses, large corporations and ran his own electronics and IT business for 10 years. As a part of this work experience, David has developed a detailed understanding of complex business operations.
David is looking forward to serving the residents of Hornsby.